Concept and aims
The aim of the project is:
- To develop digital marketing competences of current/potential employees, managers and entrepreneurs of SMTEs.
Why do we need it?
- ICT, digitalisation and digital marketing are changing the ways tourism businesses operate and market themselves
- New, specific competences are required of tourism entrepreneurs and employees.
- Around 90% of tourism and hospitality businesses in Europe are SMTEs (even micro and small businesses), in need of digitally skilled employees that have developed and enhanced their overall digital marketing skills through new educational and training programmes and materials, new methods of learning/ teaching and new occupations.
- Doing so, SMTEs can fully capture the opportunities offered by online marketplaces, distribution channels, and digital marketing.